We couldn't visit Hawaii, and not visit Pearl Harbor (or USS Arizona) Memorial, it wouldn't be patriotic! It was a very touching experience, and I think every American should see it.
This is oil that is still coming up from the Arizona after all these years. Very eerie, I think.
Kirk and Kim took us up to the North Shore of Oahu, to see the beautiful views of Turtle Bay. I guess the company has stayed there in the past, unfortuately not this year, we stayed on busy Waikiki Beach.
On Oahu we also took a day to see the Laie Temple, BYU Hawaii campus and the Polynesian Culture Center. At the PCC we got to take a canoe ride through the lush villages and had a yummy luau that night.
Even after all we saw through the week, we ran out of things by the last day and needed to kill like 8 hours before we made the red-eye home. Chad and I hopped in the Jeep with the top off and drove and drove. We ended up at the Dole Pineapple Plantation, which we weren't dying to see, but again, were bored. It was actually really cool. We walked around the gardens and saw the pineapple plants, like the one above. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that pineapples grew in trees! But they don't, they sprout at top of these spikey plants. This little pineapple was still tiny, about the palm of my hand! Huh, who knew!!
Kirk and Kim took us up to the North Shore of Oahu, to see the beautiful views of Turtle Bay. I guess the company has stayed there in the past, unfortuately not this year, we stayed on busy Waikiki Beach.
On Oahu we also took a day to see the Laie Temple, BYU Hawaii campus and the Polynesian Culture Center. At the PCC we got to take a canoe ride through the lush villages and had a yummy luau that night.
Even after all we saw through the week, we ran out of things by the last day and needed to kill like 8 hours before we made the red-eye home. Chad and I hopped in the Jeep with the top off and drove and drove. We ended up at the Dole Pineapple Plantation, which we weren't dying to see, but again, were bored. It was actually really cool. We walked around the gardens and saw the pineapple plants, like the one above. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that pineapples grew in trees! But they don't, they sprout at top of these spikey plants. This little pineapple was still tiny, about the palm of my hand! Huh, who knew!!
3 comments:
How fun. I am so proud of you and your traveling advernture. Yah for Sara. I bet it was worth it, ehh? Your pictures are beautiful! I hope you had a good time while we were freezing here.
Okay, here's another try to post on your blog after you "conveniently" erased my first post!! Just kidding! I love the pics, I love your kids, and I love you (oh, and I love Chad too!). Give yourself a big old pat on the back for conquering your fears!
What a great getaway for you and Chad! I love the pics. The north shore is gorgeous!
Post a Comment