One of these years we will go to Chad's annual work party and it will be a bust, but it was not this year. We had a yummy catered dinner with drumsticks, tri-tip, mash potatoes, etc., and even had a bartender making your choice of Italian soda. For dessert, this cake was made especially for the event, and the caramel cake was oh-so heavenly. (I just about snuck some in my purse it was just that good.)
As always, there was cotton candy,
a face painter, and also a balloon artist.
It was very family oriented, which is funny being a construction company, but they always have a good time planned for the kids. They had multiple bounce houses parked on the lawn.
Keaton and Emmi went to battle.
And guess who won that contest?
Sam and Chaston also battled. They loved having their Mower cousins there too. After a great dinner, the prize raffle begun. I was vying for either the 50 inch tv, iPad, Xbox, or other dozen mega prizes that they had, but alas, we got a regular prize. Chad choose an envelope with a $50 gift card to The Outback and a $20 gift card to the movies. Date night, baby!! Last but not least, all of my kids got a little bag with candy and a $20 gift card to Walmart. I mean seriously... how awesome is Vancon? They are so great!
Me and the kids had to go up and see the Bountiful Parade this year. Luckily for me, my Mom loves parades and so we got to go with her and Ab's kids. It was super hot and crowded, traffic was a mess and when we got there we were so far back we could not see a thing, but I am glad we stayed. We lucked out that my cousin Nate and his family had prime seats and room enough for us to sit with them. Jack enjoyed the floats with all the animals. The Madagascar one was his favorite.
My kids were just happy to be there with Tanner and Lauren, and a few candies tossed their way didn't help either.
This was the WORST part of the entire parade people... And of course we HAD to be sitting by my cousin that is a huge U fan. That made it even worse. Ugh. There was no BYU float, bummer. That would have lessened it somewhat.
Now, this was the best part and what we had come to see, the 2,000 LDS "stripling" warriors. Young men from around Utah came to take part. I saw one in a wheelchair, dozens of YM leaders, and a big group of ones with missionary name tags, but there was 2,000. We couldn't believe how long they kept coming and coming. Thinking of the story and how the real stripling warriors were so young like these were, and going up against the fierce Lamanites was a terrifying thought. But to think that all of them that I saw, and all those that kept coming and coming for like 15 minutes would have survived the battle and return home was simply inspiring. It was worth all the drive and chaos. My spirit was touched, and I hope it touched my kids as well.
As a side note, I had to post this picture. For family night a while back, we watched some family movies, and had some popcorn. I had forgotten until the popcorn was coming out and Jack was screaming with excitement, that he had never seen this before. I dare you to find one kid that isn't awed that first time. I also love Chad's expression. This pic is just priceless.
And, what other 2 year old that you know loves Perfection? This is one of Jack's favorites right now and amazingly, what you see above he did all on his own. What a smart little stinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment