Monday, December 7, 2009

Stockings!

This is what I have been up to lately. A few years ago I decided to make the kids Christmas stockings. I was shown by a friend these adorable patterns and just loved them. The stockings are made of flannel and the black front and pieces are done in wool. That year I made the Santa and the snowman for Keaton and Sam. At the time I had just found out that I was pregnant with a girl, so I bought the angel pattern as well, and then thinking that most likely I will have a fourth baby, I went ahead and bought the baby Jesus. Well, a couple of years have flown by and I still hadn't made Emmi's. She asked for hers when we got out the Christmas decorations and so I knew that I needed to make hers this year. Since I am expecting our fourth and I was already making Emmi's I went ahead and made the new baby one too. I am so pleased at how they turned out, with only having taken sewing once in junior high and because everything was done by hand. Now if only I had the energy to make 2 more for Chad and I .... well, that might have to wait a year or two. :)

6 comments:

athomson said...

Beaner, You never cease to amaze me!

Daisie said...

Those turned out so great! How cute! I am proud of you for your ambition!

The Emery's said...

These are darling! Sorry I've been a total slacker lately with blogs. Congrats on your baby!! I saw you at church at thought I might have seen a slight little bump. And your family pix are SO cute!! I think I need to have a talk with Kenzie.

Tyler & Nicole said...

They're way cute! Very impressive.

Michelle said...

Those are so cute! I'm just jealous that you have a fireplace! I don't know how I'll explain Santa's entrance to Kaiya in a few years...

Laura said...

love these!!!