Monday, April 13, 2009

At Last...

After a year of trying different creams and lotions, Emmi's face is finally clear. Wahoo!!! It is so nice not to see rough red patches on her cheeks. I'm sure most of you know but she has a pretty good case of eczema, and we have been fighting it all over her body. Over the last year I have seen 2 pediatricians, and 1 dermatologist who basically told me just to keep putting lotion on it as much as I can. No matter how many times I put it on it didn't take the redness away or soothe her itching. Finally I decided to get another dermatologist's opinion and I went to one that my mother-in-law recommended (thanks Kim) who was so great and gave me some new oils, and instructions. It has only been 3 weeks later and I am very happy with the results. This is a post in celebration!!
Look at those white cheeks!!
To remind you all of just how bad of a problem this was let's go back in time shall we? This was taken by my little sis Erin in Dec 2007, (thanks Midge :) when Emmi was 7 months old and we started noticing a little redness on her face. Not too bad. Now let's fast forward to just a few weeks ago...
This was taken on March 27th, just after our dermatologist appointment. In my opinion, her eczema was pretty severe there at the end.
As is her face wasn't bad enough, she had these little rough patches all over her body and scalp. Needless to say again how happy I am that I finally found something that works for Emmi. Being her mama, I want her to be as beautiful as she can be and at long last I have the right tools!! Hooray!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at her cute little cookie face! Hooray for the Peanut being red-free! She looks as darling as ever and just in time for the big family picture. Boy, is she ever lucky! I can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have it all figured out! I bet she feels so much better! Good for you guys!

Daisie said...

Yea Sarah! I am so glad! That would be so frustrating! She is adorable no matter what! But, I am so relieved for you!!

jess said...

We were noticing how great Emmi's skin looked on Sunday. Hooray for good doctors & the right meds!

athomson said...

She will always be the cutest girl in all of Payson!!! I too am glad that you were able to get her help with her eczema, I am sure that it hurt her. Thanks for being diligent in taking such good care of my grandbabies.

Holli and Billy said...

She is such a cutie!

Becki said...

She's always beautiful but how nice to not be itchy! What are you using? Parker has eczema too but not severe but enough that he itches all the time and has some redness...

Brad and Jenn said...

She is absolutely darling! I'm glad you found something that works so well!

Jess said...

So happy to see the skin problem fixed. I had the same problem with Riley and it was such a relief to figure it our. I know how you feel. She is a doll.