Monday, June 16, 2008

The Big "Scip-po" Sleepover

My siblings, parents, sweet Grandma, (and my little fam of course) went down to Scipio ( or "Scip-po" as Sam says) for the weekend. We stayed in a cute remodeled farmhouse and really had quite a party! Like my sister Erin has said on her blog before, there is not that much to do down there, but it was very relaxing to just visit, play outside, sleep and eat and eat and eat! My brother in-law Rob, was generous enough to give Tanner and Keaton rides on his motorcycle. I think they are too cute in their helmets!!Keaton and Rob, just taking off. You'll notice there isn't a picture of Sam, he opted out of this one, saying it was "too scawey."The grass was pretty high when we got down there until Rob gave the mower a ride too. We were joking that if he didn't mow it, we might lose my little Peaunt out there, ha ha ha! Again, he was sweet enough to give the boys rides and again, Sam opted out.
Peanut and Sam on the swings. Thanks Grandpa B for all the pushing!!
"Damma" brought down lots of bubbles much to the kids delight. My boys are finally learning how to blow them on their own, however we did have a little incident where one of them got too close and got a mouthful. This is Sam, my sis Erin and Grandma Hess.Again, this is my niece Lauren and Sam with the bubbles. I took this picture because this crazy boy insisted on wearing his "dinosaur jacket" although it was about 4:00 in the afternoon and over 80 degrees. What a kid!!
One of my favorite things I did during the trip was play Guitar Hero, with which I have become obsessed. Since I first started playing about a month ago at my parents house, I have asked Chad if he would play with me and he kept saying no. Well, imagine my surprise when I came inside the house to find him playing with my Dad! What a turkey! I don't care, because I think he played enough this weekend to get the bug too and will hopefully let me get my own Wii in the near future- hee hee hee! My cute Dad is actually really good at this game and kicks my butt, my Mom really isn't as bad as she says she is, and we got my Grandma to try a few songs and she wasn't half bad either! Go Grams! Thanks again Erin and Rob for letting us all come down and stay, it was a great weekend!

5 comments:

athomson said...

Beaner thanks for the cute pictures. I am sure that this vacation will go down in the books as one of our favorites but hopefully not our last! We did have fun just doing whatever we wanted to do, eat, sleep, read, eat, play guitar hero, swing, eat. It was so rewarding as a mom to know that her family can "tolerate" each other for a weekend and actually have fun!
love you more,
momma

Becki said...

Sounds like a perfect little getaway! Love the pictures. Hopefully you'll be able to snag guitar hero soon!

Unknown said...

Ahh, it warms my heart to read good things about Scipio! You can now consider yourselves officially iniated and you're welcome back any time at all! I think that everyone had a great trip and it was sooo nice to just chill and spend time together. Thanks for all of the tasty treats, good company, and good laughs. I love you!

Sidni Nielson said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I will have to call my travel agent and see if she can hook me up with an awsome getaway to Scipio. :) I hear they have lots of tourist attractions! :) :)

Tiffany said...

My favorite vacations are the ones where there is nothing to do but sit and relax. I'm glad you had a good time!