Sunday, March 17, 2013

It is Great to Be 8!


Our Sam turned 8 yesterday! This morning, Sam had his Baptism interview with the bishop, he will be baptized next month, he has already been to cub scouts once, and he complains every night that his legs are hurting.  Yep, he is growing up!   What a fun age 8 is; I am so excited for him!


He is all about video games, and asked for a Nintendo 3DS with Super Mario Bros 2 game.  I think he was happy that he got it.  We couldn't get him anything else, but we got it.



I myself have hated to wait for electronics and phones to do that initial charge to play with them, so I had the good idea to open the 3DS and charge it the night before and then wrap it.  Consequently, he got to turn it on and play right away.



My little nephew, Bryce, turned one on the 14th, and they had his birthday party on Sam's birthday.   It was fun to go to their house and celebrate both boys. Bryce's mom, Misty, did a spectacular job planning Bryce's party.  It was just adorable.


She even put 8 candles in Sam's cupcake and had everybody sing to Sam as well as to Bryce.


We then went up and met the Thomson's at the Church History Museum, and then headed to Chuck-a-Rama for a yummy dinner, (Sam's choice).  We looked over at one point to find Sam's plate covered with chicken legs and another plate overflowing with fries.  After multiple trips to the bathroom, Sam was complaining that his tummy hurt.  Maybe he learned his lesson. Although, the ice cream sundae and everybody in the place signing to him seemed to make him feel a bit better. 

First of all, I apologize if I have written these stories before, I am totally going to be one of those old lady's that repeats herself on every visist, and I mean like next year, but I think it is important to write this down our history.  So anyway, I was thinking yesterday that I will never forget how Sam screamed coming out the  birth canal, and continued to scream for a good 10 minutes or so, and nothing we tried to do was soothed him.  I remember looking at my mom as if to say, "what is wrong with this kid?" Certainly, not like my easing going first born that we had to poke and prod to get even a squeal out of him. He was a healthy, round little guy with a good set of lungs, that is for sure.  (I like to attribute it back to steroid shot that I was given when I was 30 weeks pregnant with him, and the doctor was scared he was going to come too early.  She was scared his little lungs weren't going to be developed.  Ha ha.. he ended up being full-term with extra-developed lungs). 


The nurses at the hospital informed me that Sam was sure a cutie, but he had no medium.  He was either content or irate.  Then, as Chad and I brought Sam home from the hospital, we had to stop in the downstairs lobby of American Fork Hospital to make a payment or something.  I had just fed and changed Sam, but he was irate about something, and he screamed the entire time we were in the lobby much to me and Chad's embarrassment, and then screamed in his car seat all the way home.  We knew were in for a ride then, that this Samuel Hess had a look of spunk.

To this day, he is still my loudest child, the one we can hear throughout the house, even if he is downstairs, and the one that still does not know how to whisper in church.  We wouldn't trade him for the world though, he is my tender little boy, and my buddy.  We love you Sam.

3 comments:

Russ and Misty said...

Happy birthday Sam. Thanks for sharing your special day with Brycey.

Unknown said...

We sure do love you, Mister Sammers! Happy happy birthday!

athomson said...

Happy Birthday, Sammer Hess!!! I love you.