Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mother's Day

This  Mother's Day,I got spoiled.  Not only did I get fun gifts from my mom and mother-in-law, but I got bombarded at home with gifts and cards from Chad and  the kids.  Maybe because I have 3 now in school, or maybe because I have 4 kids total, but I got more things than usual this year.  It was a sweet, sweet day, and I cherish these little gifts.  This first picture Sam brought home from school for me to open.  It is actually based on a Picasso painting that is almost identical.  This one I am planning to frame.
Keaton made this little card for me at Church.  You can't beat the picture of the two of us at the top, and that the card is done in his own handwriting.  So sweet.
To go along with Sam's picture, he made this card at school as well.  I love that he tried to write my name on the top of the card, even though he forgot a letter.:) 
On the inside was this info about me.  It is funny how much you learn about yourself from what your kids say about you.  For instance, all the notes the kids have ever brought home have said that I like to clean.  Hmm... maybe all they see me do is clean?  Since I have 4 little mess makers, not sure what can be done about that.
Keaton brought me home this beautiful wooden plantar from scouts last week.  I am so impressed that he drilled it together, painted it, planted the flowers himself, and I love that I can use the box every year and it will remind me of him.
 Emmi also made this cute keepsake in preschool for me.  It already has found a home out in my garden.
And last but not least, Chad brought me home beautiful roses the night before. (Yes, now they are pretty much dead, but I still wanted to acknowledge his gift).  Believe me when I say that when he brought them home they were indeed beautiful.  He had all the kids sign the card too. Like I said, I got spoiled.

1 comment:

Becki said...

How sweet!! I cannot wait for gifts like those. What sweet kids you have. Happy birthday to your two babies too.