Tuesday, May 4, 2010

9 years ago today...

my life really began. I made the most important decision in my life and married my sweetheart in the temple. We didn't know what was in store for us as we started our life together. Still college students, we were moving to a new town hours away from our families, without any money to our names, and no jobs to speak of. But we felt it was the right path for us and that we were led by the spirit.

Now looking back 9 years later, it truly was the right path and Chad and I have been blessed and blessed again. Believe me when I say that our marriage, ourselves, and the last few years, have been no where near to perfection and we have had our share of up and downs. But those ups and downs seem so trivial when I consider the big picture and when I see the trials in other families. I don't know if Chad and I really deserve such a great life, but I will take it and be grateful, not knowing what is in store down the road ahead. I am so thankful for the past 9 years and hope for many more to come.Speaking of blessings... our newest little blessing still has not arrived much to my dismay. I realized that I have not posted any pregnancy pics. This is not because I don't like being pregnant, but I have a hard time liking any pictures of myself and pregnancy pics seem to be the worst. However, my time being pregnant is getting short. The nursery is put together, my bags are packed and the family is all on alert. The more days that pass, the more I am looking forward to meeting this little guy and getting to hold him. My induction has been scheduled for Saturday May 8th, so his eviction notice has been sent. :) Tune in for baby pictures soon!

7 comments:

Laura said...

So sweet and congrats! Since I was first to leave the "nest" of our group I never got to see any of y'all in your beautiful gowns. So, I'm so glad you posted some pics. And gosh, you still look just as beautiful prego. Good luck with the delivery!

Holli and Billy said...

Happy Anniversary! Good luck on Saturday!! Can't wait to meet the new little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! So thinking about you! Congrats on nine years, and I can't wait to hear news about your new little one. What are you talking about-you look great preg! :)

Russ and Misty said...

Wow 9 years! Congratulations Sara! I am so glad you are in the family!!! We can't wait to meet your new little one!

sarah e. said...

Cute pictures...both the wedding ones and the pregnancy ones! :) Hope your little one comes soon!!

sarah e. said...

P.S. I like your haircut. Your bangs look cute! :)

Becki said...

Sara, you are beautiful! So glad you posted pregnancy pics. You look great! Congrats on 9 wonderful years together and many more to come! Love you and good luck tomorrow!