Sunday, January 31, 2010

And so it begins...

Friday night this big truck was parked outside of our house filled to the brim with a huge load of items for the D.I. and the dump. It is hard to believe all of the junk that we kept in our unfinished basement. It took us almost a good week to get everything separated and out of there. Yes, after 4 years of living in our home, it looks like we will finally be finishing our basement.

In my last post I spoke of how blessed Chad and I have been lately. A couple of weeks ago Chad and I were excited that we might be able to take the kids on a week long trip courtesy of Chad's boss, while the rest of the office went to Hawaii. Then, when Chad's boss found out that we haven't finished our basement, he offered to finish the majority of it instead of the trip. Well, he didn't have to pull my arm on that one! This is a HUGE blessing right now with our 4th baby on the way, and we wouldn't be able to do it ourselves for at least another year. I can't tell you how grateful I am for Chad's boss. He has been soo generous to Chad and I over the years and I have the utmost respect for him. I couldn't ask for a better man for Chad to work for. We will be eternally in his debt for this one, and I am already pondering just what to send him as huge thank you.

This weekend we worked really hard to get the basement clean and are very excited to see the framers start building tomorrow morning. This is the basement right now, before the work is started. I wish I would've taken a pic before it was cleaned out, because it was sure a mess as my family can attest to. You literally could not take a step without touching a toy. Now that I think of it I am glad I didn't take any pics, I would really have been embarrassed. :)
The main family room (Some of the heavy stuff will have to be worked around for now, since I am not in a position to help him move them).Under the stairs and the draped off cold storage room.
The front two bedrooms.The bathroom.The third bedroom.And finally, the utility/storage room. Stay tuned for pictures of our progress!

4 comments:

Laura said...

wow! everyone needs a boss like that! so excited for you best of luck with all the fun construction.
i say throw a big party in honor of his boss to thank him, in you finished basement.

Holli and Billy said...

How exciting! What an awesome boss!

athomson said...

Chad deserves this "bonus" from his boss. He is such a hard worker, one that sometimes goes overlooked or unnoticed. I am so excited for all of you. Now Dramma will have a place to stay!

The Emery's said...

Wow! That is an awesome boss! I heard the generator going over there the other day. I was hoping your basement hadn't flooded or something. That is awesome that you'll have a finished basement. It's almost like getting a new home all over again. I'll be happy if my basement is finished in the next 10 years! Keep the pictures coming. :)