There isn't a better way to start out a new year, then to get together and catch up with old friends. Chad and I were able to go out to lunch with Sara, her hubby Pete, and their sweet baby Hailey before they flew back to Virginia. Sara and I cheered together in Junior high and have been good friends ever since. We have managed to get together only a few times since she has moved, so it was a real treat for me to see them and chat for a few hours.At the start of a new year, I can't help but look back and be grateful for all of the wonderful things that have happened in our family this year. Here are just a few highlights I'll remember:
- My first trip to Portland, to see Chad's Grandparents.
- Taking the kids to the Rexburg, Idaho Temple open house.
- Chad and I's first trip to Hawaii.
- Keaton playing his first year of T-Ball.
- The boys loving their first year of swimming lessons.
- Finally getting grass in our backyard, Wahoo!!
- Trading out our Suburban for a minivan (wait, maybe that's a bad thing :)
- Keaton starting Kindergarten who is now Cute Mister Smartypants.
- Sam starting his first year of Preschool (which gives nice breaks to his Mama).
-And probably the best thing of all, da da ta da-
Sam getting potty trained! That's 2 down and 1 to go!
Looking ahead, here are a few things that I am looking forward to in 2009:
- A weekend trip to St. George, just me and Chad.
- Another year of T-ball, swimming lessons, with maybe adding soccer lessons for Sam and dance lessons for Emmi.
- Completing the deck, and landscaping in the backyard.
- Finishing my medical transcription training and getting a part-time job, working from home.
- Now, this is NOT an announcement right now, but maybe we'll be adding our final baby to the mix.
- Start working on finishing the basement. (That's more like wishful thinking)
Whatever does happen, I am excited for a new year, and all the experiences it brings. How about you? What are you looking forward to?
7 comments:
How fun you two are still in touch! You two were so much fun to cheer with! You both look great!
What a fun day with friends! You both look so cute! I loved reading your 2008 highlights and what you are looking forward to this year!
Thanks for letting me know about your new blog address! I love checking in on your cute family and seeing what fun you are up to!! Hey...I would love to know more about the medical transcription thing you are doing! I need a great work from home job too! If you have a second, would you please email me the details?! Thanks so much! daisieg@gmail.com
Beaner, cute blog, precious pictures. I do have something to say however, I better not find out about another grandchild on your blog!
I'm starting up play group again. It will be Mon. from 10-12 at my house. Can I get your email address so I can send you updates about when/where play group will be in the future? You can send it to mine: jessica@ekstrom.org
I love the feeling of the New Year, the goals, the fresh start. You have some great things to look forward to. :)
What a fun year you had and it looks like you'll have a fun busy year in 2009. So glad that you are doing well. Thanks for letting me know your new blog address, I was trying to find it the other night!
Post a Comment